have been a Rhode Island contained phenomenon since 1869.
In the late 1800s Saugys was a staple of the old Canal Street
provisions district located at 274 and 285 Canal Street. In
1914 at the age of 12 Leo McCaughey, grandfather of the current owner
started working for the Saugy brothers driving a horse-drawn wagon along
the cobblestone streets of Providence.
became a salesman for the company, then President and CEO.
Saugys are still made much the way they were in days gone by,
with quality ingredient and the familiar snap.
Saugys are available for all backyard barbecues and tailgate
parties throughout New England.
For over 135 years Saugy Franks have been a Rhode Island tradition and New England favorite. Utilizing a family recipe consisting of all natural ingredients that has been passed down from generation to generation. The Saugy Frank is unequaled in its appearance, texture and flavor.